Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Benji Look Alike or Not?


I’ve had two people come up to me in the last week and say Boney looks like Benji. I remembered Benji was cute and scruffy so I went home and looked him up on the internet. To a point I can see the resemblance, cute and scruffy. Time will tell if Bonaparte will really get that hairy, but the sweet face and the “look” are there. I hope Boney keeps his cuteness because he is, to me, absolutely adorable, especially when he comes running when I call him and wants hugs!
We’ve been using the halter for a week. I tried using it only when we went out to do “business” and that was a flop. He got to the point where he didn’t want to go out to do anything like business and fought me each time we did. So, three days ago I started him wearing it all the time except at night, and voila, we are having more success! He still hates it, but is tolerating it better now and is even enjoying our little outings to get business done. I’ve also found that since he’s holding longer, I don’t have to take him out so much. It seems to defeat the purpose to take him out all the time when half the time he won’t go, just wants to explore and chew on anything he can find. So we’re going out less and that also has equaled more success. The only accidents he’s had in the last two days were my fault for not taking him out in time. My only excuse, and it is just that, is I’m still adjusting to the schedule! The other thing I’m happy about when it comes to the harness is that after three days of him wearing it all day and looking at me with a heart wrenching (yes dramatic I know) pitiful expression, he once again cuddles up to me, licks me and loves all over me like he did before. Guess he’s realizing the harness isn’t a punishment…
Crate training continues to progress amazingly well. He now loves his crate (I wouldn’t have believed that he could two weeks ago) and even goes in without me saying a word. Like right this minute, he went in while I’m here working and is passed out, even with the halter on! I thank the powers that be, and discipline, for actually working.
Boney is sleeping through the night now (hope I haven’t just jinxed myself!) and doesn’t start making sounds until after 6:30 am. I aim for at least 15 minutes to a few hours a day apart from him because I want to avoid him having separation anxiety (which I’m told he might have since we’ve bonded so completely). We have our play time after dinner. He follows me or Geoffrey almost everywhere we go. Three weeks into this, I am a very happy puppy lover! He's growing on G.

Benji image from:
 luckymojo.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi There,
    Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
    Mixed-breed Puppy are commonly thought to generally be a better choice for pet. Other than its cheaper price, they tend to be far more immune to specific inherited disease.
    Email: missmhima691@gmail.com
    Click here for more information:- more info

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There,
    Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
    Benji Puppy Puppy are commonly thought to generally be a better choice for pet. Other than its cheaper price, they tend.
    Email: missmhima691@gmail.com
    Click here for more information:- more info

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message so we know you visited and if you have a blog let us know!